Mechanical Engineer Vehicle Assembly/Manufacturing Engineer-
DeLorean Industries is looking for a Mechanical Engineer to develop engineering solutions to support our assembly team, drive quality, manufacturing operations, product developing and cost improvements in the vehicle assembly process. Position is located in Tallmadge, Ohio.
Role and Responsibilities
• Desire and ability to work “hands-on” on the shop floor through a comprehensive long term assembly roll. Initiated with front nine month shop product implementation training.
• Provide continuous engineering support to the assembly team to meet vehicle delivery targets. Implement rapid issue containment, and develop subsequent engineering solutions.
• Investigate quality issues resulting during the vehicle assembly processes. Conduct root cause analysis and design and implement solutions.
• Design and implement comprehensive inventory management system to stream line production and parts orders.
• Design and implement build production order of operations for vehicle assembly process.
• Design jigs, fixtures, and tools to improve quality, consistency, and cycle time of the vehicle assembly process.
• Implement part and assembly design changes to address issues and incorporate design for manufacturability and assembly.
• Work with quality team to develop standards and quality checks/gauges for vehicle assembly processes.
• Develop, document, and implement reliable processes and train assembly associates accordingly. Optimize existing process flows and eliminate waste.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar field (In process/intern placement allowed)
• Aptitude to interface with high level individuals, executives, company associates, and vendors directly relating to product goals and quality control standards on behalf of company.
• Team oriented, strong ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment and to multiple deadlines
• Ability to delegate and manage assembly procedures/ independent contractors/ employees under direct supervision employed at suppliers/manufactures.
• Extremely strong communication and interpersonal skills; both oral and written
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize effectively and efficiently